Tuesday 17 June 2014

A little bit of...philosophy

 A little bit of...philosophy
Hi! Welcome to a little bit of little people! This is our first post! (Yaaaaaay!) I'd like to say thanks for the 5 views we have so far (To be honest I think about 4 of them was us...haha) Anyway, right now it's Aliyo-yo blogging...and maybe Hannie when she wakes up...? (Subtle much) Ok, back to the topic... Our first post is... Philosophy!!! (The beauty brand, not, like the subject....yeah...because....I...don't do philosophy. The subject. Haha.) So I only have three items from Philosophy, but I LOVE all of them. I have the Sugar Plum Fairy set (lip gloss and shower gel), and Sugar Sprinkles.

So First, I'm gonna start with sugar sprinkles, since the others are kind of together.

Ok, so, just in case you haven't already figured it out, sugar sprinkles is a lip gloss. I find the colour very soothing. It is not a solid colour, but a translucent mix and smells divine. It is pretty much what it says...sugar sprinkles. What I really like about this is how it defines your lips in a way that doesn't make it easy to realise is there, but also manages to taste...and look like a real sweet treat. However, this is quite gloppy, and I wouldn't advise this for wearing to school as it can get stuck to your hair, etc. and can therefore result in giving you a REALLY smudged lip gloss, and probably, a REALLY confused teacher. (Once I wore this to a disco, and clumps of my hair stuck to it like a magnet, and I almost started choking on it. It was slightly embarrassing, but at the time, I just thought it was funny.) I would advise to apply a small amount of this if aiming for a natural look. Remember though, this is a lip gloss that stays thick, and if you apply too much, will end up in lumps, and will just feel disgusting. But overall, I would say, 7, 7 and 1/2 out of 10.

Next! I'm going to to the sugar plum fairy lip gloss, because it is my personal favourite, and I really wanna write this one, like, now.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I LOVE sugar plum fairy, so my review might (but just might) be a bit biased because of that. But I will be as honest as possible, because I know that sugar plum fairy over here does have its faults. As you've probably noticed by now, while I was emphasising my love for sugar plum fairy (or sugar in general to be honest) that this lip gloss is a translucent purple, glaze lip gloss. I love the colour, (here comes the biased-ness. I know that's not a word. Or is it? I don't know. Don't judge.) because purple is like my favourite colour (to all you purple fans out there: let's party) and I've always wanted a purple lip gloss. However, they always make it look like I've just been eating ink. But this gives a tint of purple, and highlights your lips in a subtle way. In other word, this gloss doesn't look like a pen threw up on me! (This is your cue to cheer. Haha...No.) Again, repeating from above, this is also a thick gloss, but in my opinion it is slightly lighter than sugar sprinkles, and from experience, it feels lighter on your lips than sugar sprinkles. This may-strike that-does-sound really weird, but it is as if sugar plum fairy gives of a positive vive...aura. No I do not believe in magic, and I am sane. It sounds really weird doesn't it? Wow...it's like our first post and I bet people already think I'm a psycho. Let's forget that sentence and continue. I of feel however, that this is a very sickly lip gloss-not taste, but it smells very sweet and strong for a lip gloss. For the body wash, it is nice, but for the gloss, it is slightly over powering. Also, i find that sugar plum fairy is very sticky and often leaves a sticky effect on your lips once finished applying. Once again, just my opinion. I'm going to give this an 8  and 1/2 out of 10.

Last Philosophy item today is...(virtual drum roll-my virtual drum roll will go viral, one day, it will.) SUGAR PLUM FAIRY SHOWER LOTION!!!!! 

This body wash is one of my favourites, along side the all time best Snow Fairy, Lush, and Body Shop Peach shower lotion. However, I am going to start my review with a critique. It might seem pathetic, but to me it is important: THE BOTTLE IS SO HARD TO SQUEEZE! I'm not even joking, like, you can laugh, bit when your standing there in the shower, and you have to call your mum to squeeze out your shower gel. Then it is not funny. I literally have to put it on it's side on the floor and put my hole body's weight on it to get any out. But once you get past that (if you ever do...haha) it is a brilliant shower gel. If you are someone who's all about after scents, like me, you should appreciate how the scent of sugar plum lingers there for hours still smelling beautifully fresh. I've actually had people, well after an hour had passed, asking me what perfume I was wearing, because it smelt really good. (Sorry, but how manny times have I said really in this post now? It might be like, 3 or something, but to me it seems like a million) Now, in my opinion, that's what every shower gel should do. Provide a lasting fragrance that doesn't just stay while the hot water's on. *hint, hint* other shower gels, model pupil here! I am giving this an 8, possibly 8 and 1/2, brought down by it's  squeezing abilities. (Honest, it's serious)

So...yeah, that's all for today. We'll really appreciate it if you keep up to date with us, and +1. See you tomorrow! Or maybe later today! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment