Saturday 21 June 2014

A little bit of...X-Men Days Of Future Past!!!

Hi! Aliyo-yo here! (If Hannie asked to do this one I would stab her with a dorito) Anyways... Couple of things before we start...
1. This is the best film ever, and if you're not allowed to watch this because you're under 12, use this time to mourn over your loss instead of reading this. Go cry in a corner.
2. I swear if you guys don't vote for X-Men in the best Marvel films you will all be dorito stabbed. (But some of you will only get stabbed with like, a bit of a dorito, because I love Doritos, and I don't want to waste all of them) 
3. I don't know. But there has to be three notifications, or else all points of existing have just ceased to exist. So yeah, welcome to my pointless third point. That makes no sense at all. But X-Men makes sense...what the heck am I actually saying?

So anyway... Here's the review:

I can't actually tell you how obsessed I am with x-men, so this review is extremely biased, but to be honest I don't care, because every one deserves to be biased in favour of x-men. Annnyyyywwwwaaaaaay...I'm not gonna do that much on the actual film, because I don't wanna become a human spoiler alert kind of person. But I am gonna say a bit about the characters ESPECIALLY QUICKSILVER, because I love the characters in dofp (days of future past) ESPECIALLY QUICKSILVER. 

Part 1: The actual film. Dun dun duuuuuun!!!
So apart from how much I love it, I can't say that much without spoiling it. So I'm saying that it's an indulging sci-fi that's completely gripping and relatable, even though it's about mutants. (I'm a mutant. Surprise.) Wait. Was that a spoiler? I don't think so. Lots of stuff's about mutant, like teenage mutant ninja turtles!!!! Yaaaaaaaah! 
Yeah. The ending (even though I loved it) from an authors point of view, was sort of like an 'and then it woke up and it was all a dream endings' (but spectacular-er) of you want to be critical. There's like only one film that could be better than this, which I am going to see in a couple of weeks...drumroll...tfios!!! 

Part 2: QUICKSILVER!!!!
Ok, so I am going to say this clearly. The best part of dofp is not Wolverine, Mystique,
Magneto, Professor X, or the beast, it is Quicksilver. Do not argue with me on that. If anyone dares to say anything bad about Quicksilver, not only will they get shunned for life, but they will also get mega dorito-stabbed. He makes moments of the film AWESOME when he doesn't even say all that much. He is just a genuinely awesome person. Understand that, and you will go a long way in life.

Ok, so, I am saying this loud and proud. Quicksilver is amazing. It's inarguable. Actually, the truth of it is INEVITABLE. It can't be escaped. You either love Quicksilver or you don't exist. (Ok to far) But you probably get my point. I am giving quicksilver a 9, possibly 9 and 1/2 out of ten. I'm not giving him a ten because he should appear more. A lot more. Like, he's Quicksilver.

Part 3: Mistique!!!
Mistique is arguably the most important person in this film, and she is my all time favourite villain. But I like her as Raven, not Mistique. Not because I'm all for heroes and against villains, but because we get to go into a lot more depth into her character, and see her act casual and lay back. But when she is villianised, she is not considered form and we don't really see her character, we just see (Magneto's) ultimate goal. Which kind of includes almost destroying mankind a couple of times, but yeah, that's cool. (I swear that wasn't a spoiler alert I was just being OTT...or was I? *Sassy eyebrow wiggle*)  But Raven's really sweet and considerate and has many layers of her personality. But Mistique's personality is just what the name says-Mystical!!!!! (Oooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!)


She's not very easy to read, but I like that about this character, because it edges you to watch on. I prefer Mistique in first class, so overall, I give her 9. a
As Mistique, 8, As Raven, 10. In this film, she is amaaaaaaaazing, but not her best.

Part 4: Blink!!!
So most of you are like. Yeah what? Because blink isn't a major character in the X-Men series. But I love her character, her style, and her look.


So 5 amazing things about her look.
1. She has partly purple hair.
2. She has partly purple skin.
3. She can look pretty and fight at the same time.
4. She has awesomely green eyes.
5. Her clothes are warrior-stylish.

Also. Look, she is a transporter. But instead of just, transporting people, she does it in STYLE. First, it's not just style, it's PURPLE style. Second, wouldn't it be so awesomely awesome if you could just pull someone out of thin air and do it purple style? Exactly. How amazing is blink? Plus, she seems so fragile, and she doesn't make a fuss about anything, she just does what she's meant to do. But maybe she could...say something? So 8 for Blink here!

Part 5: Wolverine!!!
I had to do it. It was impossible to not mention Wolverine. I love how wolf is the hero, but not a typical hero, and more relatable. I.e. He's hesitant to do good, he's self-indulgent (which, honestly, we all are, unless you're Abnegation. Divergent reference for all my Divergent fans out there!) he doesn't actually just automatically get the girl, he has many weaknesses, the list goes on. He's natural, but supernatural, and that's what I love about Wolverine. Plus he doesn't really care he just shrugs off everything, like most people do. See? Wolverine actually acts human, which is rare to find in superheroes. Like, sorry, but kryptonite? No offence, but not many people relate to being afraid of a rock. Being afraid of death? Yeah, I'm afraid of death, so are a lot of people. Wolverine is like a human haul of relatable posts.
(Dunno what's with the metaphors today) 


And Wolverine is funny, considerate, friendly, and just generally cool, all at once. His personality is almost laughable he's so casual and just...yeah. So I'm giving Wolverine a 9!

That's all for today guys! If you liked this, watch out for part two, I'll be posting that really soon. Apart from that, farewell!!!

Question of the day: Who's your favourite film character?




3 comments:

  1. Captain America and he is so NOT gay Aliyo-yo. If you say he is then I'll stab YOU with a dorito!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He IS gay Mfondant. Just you wait. I'm not giving you any candy floss 2morrow

      Delete
  2. Aliyo-yo I texted you, I post today!!!!! (well yesterday), eh it's a bonus for the people.

    ReplyDelete